Friday, November 20, 2009

Oh, Found a Good Picture


I found a picture I took of the sunroom back in April, when I took my first tour of the house. I thought perhaps the original condition of the sunroom, which included ugly, moldy pink shag carpet, crappy paneling, and pink contac paper pasted on top of the paneling would make the new ceramic floor in the sunroom look even better. My theory is, any improvement is a BIG improvement.
I am thinking about using some metal panels for the ceiling but the ceiling is not a priority so I will ponder that for awhile because the metal ceiling is expensive.
My sister and I worked on the old, fallen down fence. We took apart 4 panels and she took the wood home to use in their wood burning furnace. There are still 5 panels to eliminate and we are considering taking care of that project the week after Thanksgiving, while the weather is still decent for outdoor work. The office products business that is next door to my property had tucked a few junky items behind their building, which were found under leaves and under my fallen fence. Luckily, the business has a nice, red, handy dumpster behind their secondary building, in the alleyway, and we just tossed all their junky stuff in their dumpster. Cleaning up the rest of that area is a priority the week after Thanksgiving.
I met the neighbors, across the alley. I have to stop calling it an alley, because it is asphalted and looks like a street, and people zoom down it in their cars. Anyway, the neighbors directly behind me were coming home and parking in their garage which faces the alleyway. We were putting trash out, and the neighbors were very friendly. They are Tom and Jan, and both are retired from the town's school district. Tom was a superintendent, and Jan was a teacher. Like myself, they are newly retired this year. They have a huge house and have lived in it for 31 years. They renovated it and told me that it was in the same shape as mine when they first purchased it. They told me to keep plugging away because I was making progress. I am going to have to take a picture of their huge, lovely home. They have a really nice cedar fence around their yard, too, and I want one. Actually, I want a wrought iron fence, but I will probably settle for the privacy type fence because the wrought iron fencing is 144 bucks an 8 ft. section, and I am a tad thriftier than 144 bucks for 8 ft.
Tom and Jan told me that my neighbors next door to me are their best friends, and their names are Ron and Lou. They were leaving while we were out working in the yard, and Lou, who is a lovely gray haired elderly lady, waved at me. So, I am feeling all warm and fuzzy now regarding neighbors.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have any advice feel free to offer positive information.