Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Bring on the Windows

So, I got a call from Rick, who was stalled on his latest roofing job and he had some time to install my 5 windows I had on hand. I got up at 5 (good Lord), and left at 6 (still dark at 6) and got to "The Beast" at 7. Rick was there a moment later and he had one helper with him. He removed the 5 windows and installed the new ones and was done by noon. Rick is 'the man'.

Rick says he can do 10 windows in a day so bring 'em on. Thus, I must now order a couple more rooms of windows for December, January window shenanigans.

The final product looks really good. Of course, we didn't think we would receive anything but a quality job from Rick, did we? Why? Because, Rick is 'the man.'

Now, I wish I had had more than 5 ready for Rick.
These three amigos are the windows in the library.
The stairwell windows are now in place. The large stairwell window was the ONE window that was broken out and boarded up, so that one looks 100% better. (Of course, they all looke 100% better.)
I am leaning toward painting the exterior a light gray with white shutters in the spring.

While Rick was installing windows I worked on finishing up the floor in the sunroom. However, I ran out of grout. So, tomorrow I need for Lowes to cut 4 more piece of tile for me, I have to get another tub of Casual Beige grout, and I could use a small tub of adhesive. Then, the sunroom floor will be a done deal. It turned out quite well if I do say so myself.
I SHOULD get out to the garage and cut the drywall for under the windows but I think its bubble bath time instead. I am kinda tired from the getting up at 5 a.m. (Who does that?)

My sister is coming tomorrow and we are going to take apart the rest of the fallen down fence on Thursday. The rain is supposed to stop so we should have a sunny, Indian summer type of fall day for that project. Tomorrow, since it will rain again....we shall have a thrift store adventure.

3 comments:

  1. I JUST LOVE YOUR WINDOWS AND FLOOR. YOU DO SUCH GOOD WORK. You said Rick is the Man, I say you are the WOMAN!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks bro. If you were still here, my bestest friend, I'd be makin' you help me. I miss ya. Gonna go buy me some more windows, hahahhahaa.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If i was there you would not have to make me help i would help willingly. hahahhahahaha!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

If you have any advice feel free to offer positive information.