Sunday, November 8, 2009

Fun Furniture

Well, I hung with 'The Beast' on Friday and began putting down the ceramic tile on the sunroom floor. I ran out of daylight and adhesive so I will work on that project some more on Tuesday. I was planning to see 'The Beast' today, but I had a cold all week and was not feeling too frisky last night nor this morning.
The last time my sister was in town and we thrift stored...I found a really fabulous brass bed with huge, tall posts... with shiny huge balls on top and it is really totally coolness. It is old and big and clunky and tall and will look great in a room with 10 foot ceilings. I found it at the Goodwill for 75 bucks. I decided today to start polishing and eliminating the tarnish and it is coming along slowly but it will be quite shiny when finished.

Thus far I have used up an entire roll of paper towels and a small bottle of brass polish. I have been doing some online research and many sources suggest cleaning with regular household items such as ketchup, Worsteshire sauce, lemon juice and even Tidy Bowl Toilet Cleaner.
I shall attempt to try some of the natural household cleaning items tomorrow and see how they compare to the commercial chemical brass cleaners. I am wondering how many years of tarnish are on this bed at this point and how often I am going to have to polish it up to keep it all nice and shiny. More internet research ASAP.

4 comments:

  1. That brass is beautiful, Cindee. You're going to be sleeping like a queen, lol. This blog is a wonderul chronicle of events. It's informative and entertaining. Thanks for letting us in cyberspace be part of the process.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for checking in..I think the blog experience keeps me motivated.....I am trying to get moving this morning to get to The Beast. Doing a little ceramic tile today in the sunroom and I hope to get that floor finished. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cindee your projet is coming along nicely, thank you so much for letting us share in your experience.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to see you joining in the fun. My friends motivate me to work and blog. I can't disappoint those who follow the project hahahah. Have a great Thanksgiving with the family JC.

    ReplyDelete

If you have any advice feel free to offer positive information.