Sunday, April 25, 2010

Wall-ee World

I've been working on the walls in the dining room and library, and removing the layers of paint from the woodwork. The walls are turning out nicely.

There is an area of cracked plaster in the right upper corner of the doorway, which I will have to either reattach to the wood or, yank out and replaster the area. The area is only about a foot square so I shall ponder the repair for awhile. I have plenty more walls to work on before having to tackle the corner. Besides, I need the scaffold assembled in the library at the end of May for the ceiling repairs and can fix the corner when the scaffold is available in the room.


Most of the books for the library have been moved to 'The Beast'. My sister helped me lug boxes, and boxes, and boxes of 2,000 books. It took us two days. We even hauled a lot of them upstairs and put several boxes in each bedroom. I have decided to have bookcases in each room.

Ohhhhhh....BIG BOOK SALE at the Memorial Hospital annual book fair in Belleville, IL this weekend. My sister is coming for the book sale and we are going on Saturday when you can fill a paper bag full of books for $2. They supply the bags. I am printing out my revised book list and we will prepare to add to the collection on Saturday.

Last time my sister was here she carted home the collection of Janet Evanovich books (Stephanie Plum...bounty hunter series) to make sure she has read them all, and my brother in law is now reading them, too. He decided he liked them. He used to just read westerns, however my sister is easing him into some other types of fiction. I sent him my James Burke books, which I though he would like because some are set in Wyoming and the characters are pretty rough and tough.

Don't whisper a word to my nephew, but he is visiting at the end of May for his son's high school graduation, and when he is here I am going to kidnap him to 'The Beast' and have him move the refrigerator from the upstairs 'kitchen'.....to the actual kitchen downstairs. I am also going to have him haul the stove down from the 2nd floor and stick it in the alley with a 'FREE' sign on it.... and hope someone needs it. My sister is in on this plan and she is bringing the dolley for the move.

The upstairs kitchen is going to be made into a bedroom again and the appliances and kitchen paraphrenalia has to go.






No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have any advice feel free to offer positive information.