Thursday, March 29, 2012

Kitchen Shenanigans

Trying to prepare the counter properly so that the sink can be installed and hooked up. One more step toward water.
I got artsy and set the tiles on point ... mostly so they would not have to line up with the rows of floor tile that are not yet down. My sister had her wet saw available and loaned it to me.... so I embarked upon my first foray into cutting my own tile.  I was masterful if I do say so myself. I no longer have to return to Lowes in order to have the flooring dude cute my tiles for me.... I think he was tiring of me. I am now independent regarding cutting ceramic tile.


I've decided to pull the tall cabinets off the wall.... just as soon as Rick returns for the plumbing wrap up. I am going to ask him to yank those off the wall for me. Currently compiling a list of "Rick jobs"... which helps me get more of my jobs done more efficiently and easily.

I believe I will stack the tall cabinets together and utilize them as a cabinet that rests on the floor.

I want to put up something a bit more accessible for kitchen stuff.... something light and cheery... maybe..... something open like....


... one on either side of the kitchen windows

In order to utilize these I will have to take the woodwork from around the windows... but that's cool... the kitchen windows are strange... and will need a redo that will vary from the rest of the windows in the house.

I helped my sister dump the demolition debris from her renovation project into a dumpster this week.  It took us about 6 hours to fill up the huge dumpster with all her plaster, paneling, lumber and random debris caused by her tearing out all her walls and ceilings.


I WAS rewarded because she happened to have removed some super thick drywall from one of her rooms... intact... in whole sheets.... perfectly reusable... thus, I am going to repurpose her drywall into the beast .... and finish up the utility room/bathroom... with said drywall. Big score....

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have any advice feel free to offer positive information.